Companies across all industries are being tasked with ensuring compliance, and this is increasing in the COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 era. Many organizations are navigating new compliance challenges resulting from COVID-19, according to Deloitte.
Whether it’s relating to web accessibility, audit and finance, or other challenges, these are the must-have compliance tools available to address the different types of issues in these three areas.
Web accessibility/ADA compliance
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design states that all electronic and information technology must be accessible to people with disabilities, yet, pre-COVID, more than 10,000 ADA lawsuits were filed in the federal courts. The good news is that there are solutions to ensure ADA compliance.
AccessiBe.com uses machine learning and computer vision technologies to ensure your company’s entire process is fully compliant and automated. The application interface improves visual impairments by adjusting the design and UI of company websites to meet accessibility requirements. At the same time, its contextual understanding AI technology handles complex aspects of web accessibility, such as screen-reader and keyboard navigation adjustments for the visually and the motor impaired. It is WCAG 2.1, ADA, s508 compliant.
- Image recognition and OCR AI technologies
- 24/7 with daily scans and analyses
- Stop animations for those with epilepsy
- Virtual keyboard for the motor impaired
- Online dictionary for cognitive disorders
- Content, display, and orientation adjustments
There are four plans available, starting at $490/year up to $3,490/year. The first three tiers off a 7-day free trial.
WAVE uses a suite of evaluation tools to make web content more accessible to individuals with disabilities by identifying accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) errors. It also facilitates the evaluation of web content.
- Testing accessibility directly within web browser extensions like Firefox and Chrome
- Identifies accessibility errors, issues, and features automatically
- Displays versions of the page and highlights potential errors
- A left sidebar displays a summary of errors, alerts, features, and more
- All features are designed with different disabilities in mind
- Website details, structure, reference, and contrast are also provided
WAVE is an evaluation tool and is free to use.
Financial and audit
A recent report by PriceWaterhouseCoopers spells out the internal audit executives’ obligations and opportunities to help companies manage the most critical risks COVID-19 has created or amplified. Audit software can have come a long way in helping busy business leaders juggle crisis response, operational continuity, and making vital decisions.
AuditBoard brings audit, risk, and compliance together to help internal audit teams stay on top of critical work from anywhere. The solution was built by auditors for auditors. AuditBoard takes care of SOX compliance, internal audit management, information security management, and risk management to improve audit teams and stakeholders’ visibility.
- Dashboards and reporting
- Walkthroughs and testing
- Audit intelligence
- Issue management
- File management and collaboration
Contact AuditBoard for pricing.
SAP Audit Management helps companies align business with critical risks and controls and automates internal auditing procedures to improve quality. Teams are able to become more strategic, asses risks faster, and automate processes.
- Audit Management
- Detailed product scoping
- Product road mapping
- Product is accessible to people with disabilities
Contact SAP for pricing.